- 1 FIX: Windows Defender Error Code: 0x80070422:
- 2 Service Couldn’t Be Started error 0x80070422
FIX: Windows Defender Error Code: 0x80070422:
There have been cases when the Windows Defender won’t work or is disabled on the computer and would not be protecting your computer. To make sure that your computer is secure, you would have to re-launch Windows Defender, and with the START NOW option at home you can restart the Windows Defender. However, it has been found that when you are on Windows 10, you may face a problem in restarting the Defender again as you get the Error message containing an Error Code 0X80070422.
Service Couldn’t Be Started error 0x80070422
It’s highly independent security software available on Windows computers. This is an inbuilt computer protection program for all versions of Windows computers. This security software is available for all the versions of windows which are available on windows computer.
You will see this error message with the description “The services won’t start either it’s not working or has or there is no enable device to associate with it.
There may be cases when the user sees the error messages will try to dig for support information with the dialog box, which has the error code revealed as error 0x80070422. When you are not using any other software to protect your computer and windows defender is the one that you are using to protect the device. So, as the Defender is the only program for your protection and is the last line of defense against threats. In case it is not working, your computer will be left at high risk and is a terrible situation and needs immediate intervention.
The issue is critically associated with the corruption in the windows defender registry and the keys of the Registry for windows defender. There are chances that the third-party security software that is available on the computer may conflict with the user on the computer or corrupted windows element.
Below are some possible solutions that are available for the problem, and below are some of the effective ones:
Method 1: The SFC Scan:
The problem may occur because of the corruption in the component of windows, and the best possible way is to run an SFC scan, which can help in fixing any corruption in the system. This scan is prominent in the repair of any corrupted files in the system, which you can change with copies of cached copies. To RUN the SFC scan on the computer, you can easily browse the internet to find the way to run the scan on your Windows 10 computer.
METHOD 2: REMOVE UNWANTED SECURITY PROGRAM:
Numerous security programs that you can link with the same work that Defender does on your computer, such as antivirus, antimalware, and firewall program. For example, when you have any third-party applications which can conflict with the other security software, you can remove them immediately. When you are trying to fix this problem by removing the software quickly that won’t be enough, you will require downloading and running the related removal programs and remove any residual elements that you leave behind. In that case, you can install a removal tool that will help you to remove the traces left behind, which are causing the problem.
Various ways can be used to get rid of files, settings, or any other element which is left behind.
Method 3: Start services of Windows Defender automatically:
There are multiple causes for the services of Windows Defender not working as you try to start Windows Defender. Usually, the solution is not as difficult as you just have to configure Windows Defender services.
- Got to Run and Press the keys Windows LOGO and R.
- The Run Box type “services.msc” and then hit enter.
- You can scroll down the list of services manager and choose defender service while double click on the properties.
- Go to the drop-down and type Startup and then click Automatic setting and hit Apply.
- Close the service manager as we start the computer.
Method 4: Fix Registry- REGEDIT:
There may be chances of corruption in the Registry of your Windows 10 operating system. It may be the case that the defender services have stopped working because of some corrupted files in your system.
You need to REGEDIT to edit the problematic areas:
- Click on the two alternate keys Windows Logo key + R to get to a Run Window. You can edit the item to REGEDIT on the Run dialog and then click to ENTER as you launch the Registry Editor.
- As you are in Registry Editor, you can choose the below set of options:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services
- As you move through the Registry Editor, go to the registry key and find WinDefend under Services, and choose Permissions.
- Go to Advanced and select Owner
- As you Change owner to you can highlight and Apply and then on OK.
- Go to the Permissions dialogue, choose Administrators with the Group or user names: as highlighted you can Allow the checkbox to Full Control as the Permissions for Administrators, select Apply and then on OK.
- Go to Registry Editor; choose WinDefend registry key as you can see all the elements on your left side of Registry.
- As you go to Registry Editor, select the registry values as titled Start; replace all the Value data Click OK on all fields.
As you go through this entire process, try to find whether the windows defender is working or not. If you are still facing the problem, you can proceed with the next method.
Method 5: Reinstall Windows- Factory reset:
If you have tried all the solutions that we have provided and described above and none of them works. Then you’re left with only one solution that is clean to install the entire windows, which are quite severe. In all the cases, this seems a prominent solution as it can resolve this problem Windows Defender Error 0x80070422 code. When you think of implementing the step, it is necessary to take the backup of all the valuable data that you have on your computer. Before you proceed with the clean boot, everything on your computer that is data and files to applications and settings need to backup. If you want to know the complete process of a clean boot, you can browse the internet for the best solution.