Avast is an excellent antivirus which supports all type of operating system. You can install it on your tablet and mobile phones as well. It can protect you from all kinds of threats like spyware, virus, malware. Avast antivirus is very useful for cleaning the junk files & all kind of harmful viruses. But sometimes you may face the issue that Avast user interface won’t open or avast not working. If you fall into this situation, then don’t worry, here we are suggesting some important tips to fix this problem.
Reasons For Avast Won’t be Opening On Windows
There are many reasons for the avast not opening on windows. We will try to mention all the reasons that most of the users complain about. For fixing this issue, you have to find the exact reason for the problem.
Avast Antivirus Service Not Running Properly
Avast service not working correctly, this issue may also be the reason that avast won’t be opening on windows. If you are facing the main service problem, then restart the avast service and check it to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Resolution 1: Repair the Avast Antivirus
- To Repair the avast, please make sure that you are logged in as an admin account. Go into the control panel section. If you don’t know-how, then type the control panel in the search bar & press enter key.
- You will get the various option, but you have to click on uninstall a program under the program section.
- Or directly, you can type appwiz.cpl in Run command Box or the search bar and press enter key. It will instantly give you the programs to uninstall it.
- Then, look for avast software under the programs & features. Right-click on avast, you will get uninstall option, One’s you click on uninstall, it will give you several options like the update, repair, Modify, and uninstall. You have to select the repair option and click next to fix the issue of avast antivirus.
Then wait for some time until avast fixes itself & then reboot your device.
Resolution 2: Restart the Avast Antivirus Service
If you are facing the avast won’t opening an error on your system, then you can restart the service to fix this problem. This is very easy and reliable.
You need to follow few steps to restart the Avast Antivirus service.
- Just press (Windows key + R) at the same time, it will ve you the Run command box. Now type services.msc in the Run command box and click on ok below.
- Now you need to find the Avast Antivirus Service under the Services window. One’s you find it, Right-click on the service and click on the properties option.
- Now you need to check if the service is started or stopped from the service status. If the service is Started then, you need to click on the Stop button to stop it. And if it is already finished, then leave it as it is.
- Before you proceed with other steps, you need to make sure that the option under the Startup type menu in the service’s properties window is set to Automatic .verify or confirm any dialogue boxes which may appear when changing the startup type. Then, before exiting, click on the Start button in the middle of the window. You may receive the following error message when you click on Start:
“Windows could not start the Avast Antivirus service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
If you get this error message, then you can follow a few steps to fix this issue.
- First, you need to open the properties windows of the Avast antivirus service, which is mentioned above.
- Now switch to the log on and press on the Browse button.
- Under the Enter the object name to select entry box, type the name of your account, click on the check names button, and now wait for the account’s name to be available.
- When you finish all these steps above, then click on ok, and you have set up a password hen, type your password in the password box.
- After completing all the above steps, I hope your Avast won’t opening issue resolved.
But if you are still facing the same issue, then, go with the next step below.
Resolution 3: Perform A Clean Install of Antivirus
If you are performing a clean install that can definitely fix all the issues with Avast antivirus including Avast Not opening. And it’s effortless to install the Avast Antivirus. It will also help you to remove the unwanted cache file and related registry file which may have been corrupted.
- First open an official website of Avast, get into the download page and click on free download for pc option to down the latest version of avast.
- Also, you have to get into the uninstallation page of avast and download the Avast Uninstall Utility form that links for saving into your system.
- After downloading these files, disconnect from the internet and Boot into the safe mode.
- Press (Windows key + R) in your keyboard at the same time to open the Run command box. And Type MSConfig in that run box then clicks on ok to open the window of system configuration.
- In system configuration click on Boot, now check the box next to the safe Boot under the Boot option. And then, click on ok.
- Restart your system in order to boot into the safe mode.
- Now next step is to run the Avast uninstall Utility and browse the folder where you have installed Avast. If the Avast is install in the default folder or program files, then you can leave it. Try to browse through file explorer until you find the correct folder.
- At last, click Remove and then restart your computer wit normal startup.
Broken Installation may Cause Avast Won’t Open
Avast installation might be corrupted because of many different reasons, but the good thing is that avast has provided several techniques to resolve this issue. For Example, Repairing the avast or performing a clean installation.
Some Other causes for Avast won’t open
Due to new software installation
If you are facing an avast not opening issue due to the latest software installation then, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the software. For that, you can follow the steps written below:
- For that, open the control panel by typing the control panel into a Run dialogue box or type control panel in the start menu and search it.
- One’s control panel window open, go into the programs & features option and find an avast application. Now, right-click on avast software & click on uninstall.
- Now, wait until the avast application uninstalled, then reboot your computer to complete the process. After that, you have to reinstall the software again from the official avast website. While installing the software, leave the machine as it is. Do not do any other work in your device until the installation process completed.