- 1 What is Outlook error 0x8004010f?
- 2 What are the causes of Outlook error 0x8001040f?
- 3 How to fix outlook error 0x8004010f?
The outlook is a highly used email application all over the world. But, sometimes, we used to face issues while sending or receiving emails or you can say we are getting errors. There may be different errors faced by different users, but the most commonly seen error is Outlook 0x8004010f Error. This error is frequently seen in Outlook versions 2013 and 2010. Here, we will discuss the troubleshooting methods of this error, but before that, it is essential to understand two things that what kind of error is this and what could be the causes of this error?
What is Outlook error 0x8004010f?
Generally, Outlook is running super smooth without any disruption, but sometimes while trying to send or receive emails; you may get this error 0x8004010f. This is the highly noticed MAPI error coming while synchronizing an offline address book during receiving or sending emails. It may occur while downloading the offline address book as we. It is coming with an error message:
“0x8004010f: Outlook data file cannot be accessed”
“0x8004010f: The operation failed> an object could not be found”
What are the causes of Outlook error 0x8001040f?
The primary reason which leads to 0x8004010f error are:
- If you changed the location of your Outlook folder
- If there is any corrupt OST file
- Your profile is corrupted
- Older versions of OST file copying after up-gradation.
How to fix outlook error 0x8004010f?
Method 1: by setting up a new profile
This issue usually comes when the user has a corrupt profile, and we can fix it by merely setting up a new profile based on default data files. Let’s check ho we can set up a new profile in Windows 10:
- Locate and install the default Outlook data file
- Under the window of Account settings, go to the data option in the Menu bar and not down the default location of MS outlook data file
- There is a checkmark before the default data file close by clicking on the Close button.
- Creating a new Outlook profile
After finding out the Default data file, we have to create a new profile. Now, we have two options to do so. Either we can go for the Auto setup option, or we can choose the Manual setup.
Steps for Auto setup
- Open control panel and click on Mail option
- A Mail setup Outlook window will be opened.
- Now, click on Show Profiles button.
- Click on Add button in the mailbox
- In new profile windows prompt, give a new name to the profile and click on ok button
- In the end, enter the details of your account and click on the Process button to save the default profile will be saved automatically.
Steps for manual setup:
- The process for manual setup is very similar to the auto-setup to the ADD account window.
- In Add, account window click on Add account window
- Now, click on the Radio button of Manual Setup or Additional Server Types and click on the Next tab.
- Now, inside Choose services option, select POP or IMAP and click the Next tab.
- Type all the user details of the new profile under POP and IMAP account settings.
- Select Existing Outlook data file under Deliver New messages to.
- Now, click on the browser button and choose an account’s Outlook data file.
- Click on the next tab.
- At last, click on the Close tab and then press the Finish button under Test Account Settings.
Go to the Control Panel and click on Mail button
- Now open Outlook window and Click on Show profiles
- Select the newly created profile in the Mail window prompt and go to the Properties tab.
- Click on Email accounts on the Mail setup tab.
- Now, inside the Account settings, move to the Data Files tab and click on Set as Default.
- Now, close the tab.
Method 2: Disable Antivirus Utilities to fix Outlook error 0x8004010f
Sometimes, Antivirus may also trigger the error 0x8004010f. And in this case, only disabling the antivirus utility is an ultimate solution. Follow the steps to do so:
- Open taskbar and select Task Manager Option.
- Now, switch to the Startup tab and right-click on Antivirus software
- Select a disable option to disable Antivirus.
- Now, restart windows and send mail to check if Outlook is working correctly or not, and surely, your Outlook error 0x8004010f will be disappeared.
Method 3: By turning off the windows defender Firewall
Sometimes the window defender Firewalls may block the Outlook in any way, and if this is happening, then turn off the windows defender firewall in your system. Follow steps to do so:
- Go to the control panel and open it
- Select View by Small Icons
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left-hand side.
- Click on Turn off Windows Defender Firewall given inside Private Network Settings and Public Network Settings to disable it.
- Now, click ok button to exit Windows.
Hopefully, by trying the steps as mentioned above, you will be able to resolve the issue of Outlook error 0x8004010f. Do not rush randomly to follow any method first, try to identify the cause of this issue, and then follow the appropriate process. But if you are not able to find out the cause or anyhow, the problem is not rectified, then get in touch with an expert professional or try to connect with the support team.