When you are facing a problem linked to the file explorer, and you see that it’s not responding. One can try to re-initiate the explorer, and this can be done with the implementation of the Task Manager. We can click on Task Manager, and right-click is a prominent way of doing the same. While the task manager is up, you will have the explorer reflecting in the Task Manager.
Windows 10: Ways to Fix Explorer Not Responding
Some of the primary ways that can be used to fix the issue with File Explorer not responding in windows 10 are below:
Way 1: Display Setting Configuration
- Using the start button, one can go to the setting and then chose the system option from the Tab.
- Go to the display setting and change the setting associated with the size of the text and set the required size. One can use available sizes like 100%, 125%, 200%etc. However, refrain from setting the size of 175% as this may cause a lot of problems.
This way, one would be able to fix the problem. In case the issue is not resolved that was supposed to be taken care of with this step, one would have to follow the next following steps.
Way 2: Identify a program that causes a fault
The next step that one can follow to fix the problem is identifying the antivirus program. In most of the cases, the third-party software can be a significant concern. As the software triggers this error, we can shut down the task manager to get the explorer back.
When the access to file explorer is lost, it is found that the icons are lost, and some situations which are not accessible, when you see that this problem is not fixed then below option should be followed:
WAY3: Re-Initiate the TASK MANAGER
- Use the keyboard and press Ctrl key, and then together with Shift and Esc key, we can get the task manager.
- While you are up with the task manager, click on end task on explorer.
- Using the file tab, click on the run new task.
- In the new task box type, iexplore.exe and click on enter.
WAY 4: Remove Un-Wanted Cache and History- Access New Path
- In order to unpin the File Explorer icon, one can right-click on the Task Manager.
- Go to explorer for the File in the list using the keyboard and press Windows Key and X simultaneously.
- We can go to options through the quick access link.
- You can try to clear the history under the privacy category through the General Tab.
- With the shortcut to a blank spot on the desktop, one can choose the option new under the same category.
- Go to the address of explore.exe through the windows C program and choose next as you rename the File as a file explorer.
- We can pin this to the taskbar by right click on the newly created shortcut. When you see that this problem is not fixed, then the below option should be followed.
Way 5: Reconfigure the Windows search option to fix File Explorer Not Responding
- Try to bring CMD on the windows as you go through the search box. Use the list of choices and run CMS as administrator.
- As you get the UAC enabled prompt hit, YES to Proceed.
- In the CMD, we need to type the command Net.exeSTOP and hit enter.
WAY 6: INSTALL WINDOWS UPDATE
It is highly recommended to keep your system up-to-date. Most of the time, the updates are essential for the permanent fix of a lot of problems. These are a lot of patches that are used to rescue and fix any bug or vulnerability. With the required update key and I for the security updates and any important updates through settings can be configured.
As you see, the updates which are pending to be downloaded. Install, and then a processed reboot will fix the File Explorer Not Responding as the file explorer will start to work again.
WAY 7: Memory Storage Access
If none of the above methods won’t work and the file explorer is still facing the issue, one can try to resolve the problem by freeing up the memory of the system.
We have to clear all the temp files in the system, as this will remove all stored temporary files. You can go to settings through the system, and with the storage access, remove the unwanted files from the storage. Use the remove file option to select the unwanted files which can be deleted with the delete button.
Way 8: Windows Internet explorer Re-initiation
Running the access to the windows explorer folder can be launched in the background. Using the task manager click on the explorer option and then restart the program.
If you still see the explorer in the task Manager Windows we have to restart the same manually using the option for File and access RUN a new Task.
We can re-initiate the IExplore.exe using the Task Manager to complete the process. With this, the windows explorer file issue will be fixed.
Way 9: Update Driver of the video
These are the important set of files which allow software and hardware to connect. These are essential aspects linked to explorer files to communicate well. It highly recommended installing drivers from the prominent website of popular computer manufacturers.
A proper shutdown and restart must be accessed before we open the files explorer again. With this, we will verify the resolution of the File Explorer Not Responding.
WAY 11: New User Account
This is the last resort. In this case, a user will create a new user account. Once the account is created, the file explorer option can be clicked. This will help the explorer to open and if this begins on the system. This will verify the fix linked to explorer problem
These are some prominent ways that a user can use on the system to fix problems. This is the fix applicable to Windows and specific to Windows 10.