- 1 DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error Identified on (Windows, Mac, and Android):
- 2 Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN while using Windows:
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error Identified on (Windows, Mac, and Android):
This is an error that a user can get on any computer or different devices using Android software. The DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is a critical error that creates the failure of the DNS lookup and leads to DNS failure. It prevents the user from directing to the appropriate websites and redirecting to fake websites, which is a connection to DNS lookup failure. So, the user won’t be able to reach the required websites online, so “The people can’t reach the site,” or the site is not available.” The issue is mostly linked to Google Chrome users on Windows, Mac, or Android devices. This error leads to user frustration as it won’t prevent the user from accessing the internet.
However, if you want to fix the issue, you can manually and automatically resolve the problem, and you can take time, but with patience, people can fix the problem.
The DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN is an error that you will not be able to access the required websites. When you get this error, the services will stop, and hence you won’t be able to access the data.
The reason you get the error is the failure in the DNS Domain, or the computer won’t be able to translate the website address. This is very similar to the issue of not responding server of DNS. If most of the cases, as you end up getting the DNS error, you will get into INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT _FOUND error.
Usually, the user has a preinstalled DNS in their modem and router, which the DNS from the service provider who provides the internet. It is highly recommended for the user to use the public DNS, which seems to be a prominent choice while choosing the DNS. In most cases, the issue is caused because of irregular configuration in the host files.
Whenever the user faces the above problem, you may not be able to access particular webpages or all webpages. It is challenging to find the primary cause responsible for the error and causes creating the error.
However, you can find varied ways to fix the Error Code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in chrome or other browsers. Below are some possible ways that a user can use to fix the problem in Chrome.
Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN while using Windows:
One can use the following solutions to fix the problem DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error, while you are using the Windows operating system on your computer. You will come across a lot of solutions, but the user can use one at a time. The possible ways to fix the problem can be put in use by the performance, security, or privacy suit in windows.
Step 1:- Configuration of DNS server and Flush the DNS:
1. As you proceed, you can start with Run prompt. You can click on the Windows Start menu, and type the Command Prompt, and then right-click the appropriate option.
2. Go to the Run as start the same as Administrator once you see the option hit the button, Yes to provide the confirmation.
3. You have to type the command as “IPCONFIG/FLUSH DNS,” Then, you need to hit ENTER on the keyboard.
4. Go to the RUN windows again, and for that, press the R+ WINDOWS keys at the same time.
5. Go to the Run back and type the command as “NCPA.CPL” and click on OK. With this command, you will get access to the network channel. Scroll down to the network adapter, which is active, and one can right-click on it and move further. Then you can select the option of “Properties.”
6. Users can choose the setting option internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4 in the networking panel), and from the list of options, select the Properties.
7. You can choose and make sure the option Use the following DNS server addresses is in use and has the following numbers in the box available in front of it.
Preferred server for the DNS is: 184.108.40.206
The alternate server for the DNS is 220.127.116.11.
8. Hit the button OK and then close all the other windows.
Step 2: DNS SERVICES – REINITIATION:
When you are using the windows and get the error on Windows DNS PROBE FINISHED error, there are two prominent ways that one can use to fix it. The alternate ways that one can sue is via Services panel, or via Command Prompt.
1. Go to the RUN windows by pressing Windows key + R, and then you need to type the command as “services.msc”, and then hit ENTER.
2. Go to the option of the server as DNS Client; you can choose to Restart for that you need to right-click on it. If the option is not available as you see it grey out, one can use the Command Prompt method, as the same is explained below.
3. Got to the search on the windows and find the “CMD” and you click on it with the right-click and select the option Run as Administrator. As you move through the steps, you can click on the UAC window, choose the option Yes. Once you move on, you need to select the two commands and type them in the command prompt, and you would be required to hot ENTER after every command.
1. “NET STOP DNSCACHE”
2. “NET START DNSCACHE”
In some cases, the method won’t work depending on a lot of elements, including the version of Windows. We highly recommend that the user shall try other methods.
STEP 3: IDENTIFY THE APPROPRIATE URL USED:
In some cases, the wrong URL can be a problem, which sounds ridiculous. But this can be a significant cause of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. For example, the user can enter more www’s before the name of the domain; you end up getting the error even if you are dealing with a word press website. For example, in some cases like the website of BBC, WORLD can be used as wrongly as ww.bbc.com instead of www.bbc.com, and that is why you end up getting the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.
While entering the domain name, the user maybe ends up making a typo error, which can lead to the problem.
STEP 4: HOST FILE – RESTING:
In case of methods we have discussed above didn’t help to fix the problem of DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error, it is highly recommended to find the problem in the HOSTS file on Windows. With the help of numerous configurations available, the user can do a lot of settings in the HOST file on Windows, and with this can reset it. One can follow the detailed instructions on the Microsoft website about how to reset the HOSTS file on Windows 7, 8, 10.
STEP 5: Fix DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error On Mac:
The above-discussed problem is not found only onWindows Computers. But the other system user, which includes Mac users getting a similar error, too, mainly when someone uses Google Chrome rather than the browser Safari. The following blog explains how to solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Mac.
1. Go to the System Preferences, and then choose the option Network panel. Once you are at this location, you can click on the small lock icon on the left side of the screen. You will have to type the Administrator’s username and password and hot the Unlock option.
2. As you move through the option of Advance, you need to click on the DNS tab. Then select the + button next to – and as you see, the see highlighted zeros next to the DNS Servers box. Select the highlighted set of digits and Backspace to remove the details. Use can type the following number with decimals 18.104.22.168, as you hit + again, and then the user can type 22.214.171.124, and then choose the option OK.
STEP 6: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN- ANDROID:
As a user on the android device, one can choose the option Settings and select the option Wi-Fi to find the current network. And then select the Modify network, and you can select Show advanced options.
1. Select the option; find IP settings you need to set the value of the setting as Static.
2. There is one more option step to follow that is changing the DNS as 126.96.36.199 and the second DNS to 188.8.131.52.
While following these steps, you need to make sure that the appropriate values associated with the boxes are used. This will fix the problem linked to DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error.